How to Care for you Haus Dahlia Garment
How to care for your garment
At Haus Dahlia we believe that caring for your garment in the right way will keep them gorgeous forever. Caring for a garment correctly will stop you having the urge to overconsume on new clothes, instead it will prolong your garments life and keep it from landfill!
We should revert to how our ancestors cared for their garments, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have half the vintage clothes circulating society as we actually do! Keep good care of it and you and your lineage will be enjoying Haus Dahlia for years to come!
Below you will find all our tips and tricks on how to care for individual HD garments, and just some good old general care! You can also find step by step photo instructions on our Instagram and TikTok!
For Sustainable Laundry Products we recommend Clothes Doctor, and you can use the code DAHLIA for 15% off your order!
- Hand or machine washing with low spin or no spin and at 30°C
- Air dry only, for linen creases simply use the steam button on your iron to steam out creases.
- For velvet we advise using a low spin or no spin cycle and wash occasionally as this fabric can create pile
- Don't wash after every wear, it isn't needed!
Haus Dahlia Corsets
- Sponge the corset in diluted detergent, DON'T submerge the whole corset. Only sponge the under arm area, or areas where you may sweat. We recommend Signature Eco Wash by Clothes Doctor for a safe natural detergent. Please note corsets DON'T need to be washed after every wear.
- Hang dry on a clothes horse or hanger in a warm space, or bright sunny room.
- For a refresh, we recommend the Clothing Spritz by Clothes Doctor, perfect for revitalising your corsets after a few wears, without washing it!
- Hand wash in diluted detergent or machine wash with no spin, we recommend Signature Eco Wash by Clothes Doctor for a safe natural detergent. Please note silk DOES'NT need to washed after every wear.
- Hang dry on a hanger in a warm space, or bright sunny room.
- For a refresh, we recommend the Clothing Spritz by Clothes Doctor, perfect for revitalising your silk garments after a few wears, without washing it!